In coordination with the Health Advisory Committee, we have reviewed parish COVID-19 health data - case rates over successive 10-14 day trends - and determined how the district will safely transition to the hybrid-learning model. Based on the metrics and data gathered over the past two months, the district will implement a shift to hybrid learning beginning with prekindergarten and elementary students first.
EBRPSS Students in grades PreK - 5, who would like to participate in hybrid learning, will be able to return to school on September 14th based on the following plan:
● Students with last names beginning with A-K will attend in person on Monday and Tuesday. This group will learn virtually Wednesday - Friday.
● Students with last names beginning with L-Z will attend in person on Thursday and Friday. This group will learn virtually Monday - Wednesday.
● Students PreK-5th grade in low-incidence, self-contained classes will attend in person four days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
● Children of EBRPSS employees in grades PreK - 5 may attend the student’s school of record four days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
● School buildings will undergo deep cleaning every Wednesday. All students will learn virtually on Wednesday.
Thank you to all of our school administrators, staff and families that have helped support the total virtual environment over the past few weeks. While we recognize this will come with challenges and that conditions may change at any moment, we believe the time has come to begin transitioning students back into school buildings. We are overjoyed about greeting our students in classrooms once again. I am deeply grateful for the Health Advisory Committee’s medical expertise and continued support throughout this phased return to school.
For all students who wish to continue learning in the all-virtual environment, they may complete the virtual opt-in formby Sept. 8th. If a family previously completed this form before the school year began, please resubmit it at this time to remain in 100% virtual learning. The district will continue to monitor COVID-19 health data trends to determine when additional grade bands can begin phasing into the hybrid-learning model. An update will be provided no later than Sept. 28th for middle and high schools.
We will continue to communicate with you all frequently to answer additional questions. I am so grateful for this incredible team and I cannot wait to watch you all continue to shine!