REMEMBERING THE POWER OF GRATITUDE | VOL.32 | 2020
Dear First name / love
“You can't have it all at once. Over my lifespan, I think I have had it all…but in different periods of time, things were rough.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Such wise words from a wise and profoundly influential woman.
Life is such an ebb and flow. Just like the tide, or the phases of the moon - our lives wax and wane. So how do you cope during the times that are more rough?
I can tell you with every ounce of my being that gratitude is the answer.
We're approaching the time of year where we naturally think of gratitude more around Thanksgiving, but the beauty of this practice is that it is available for you any moment of any day. I strongly encourage you to develop a regular gratitude practice, even if it's just one thought daily. Developing a regular gratitude ritual allows what you have to be enough - even in those rougher periods. It changes your perspective, perception and even your future actions. It's absolutely free to practice, and it frees your heart and your mind.
Start (or continue!) your gratitude ritual practice today with the journal prompts below and some ritual ideas here :
- Start or end your day by journaling what you're grateful for
- Start or end your day by meditating on one thing you're grateful for
- Call or write to someone to let you know why you're grateful for them
- Place sticky notes of things you're grateful for around your space
- (just saw this idea online a couple weeks ago!) During the months of October & November, write one thing you're grateful for each day on a pumpkin and place it as your centerpiece at Thanksgiving
- If you share a family dinner nightly, kick if off by going around the table and sharing something you're each grateful for
- Reflect back on your life and journal everything you're grateful for (you'll be surprised how endless the list is!)
- Each time you step on your yoga mat, let your intention begin with something you're grateful for
- Frame words or pictures of the things you're grateful for
- Start a gratitude jar - each time you think of something you're grateful for, write it down and place the note in the jar
What are your favorite ways to practice gratitude?
Rest in the greatest peace, RBG.
IN THIS ISSUE
- REMEMBERING THE POWER OF GRATITUDE
- Crystal Of The Week : LEMURIAN
- Journal Prompt : GOODNESS
- Sign Up For A Yin Live Stream Class With Me This Week + YOUTUBE LIVE TONIGHT!
- MoonRise Channel
(Pay What You Can)
- New Moon Circle
- Yoga On A Patio
- September Crystal Giveaway
CRYSTAL OF THE WEEK | MOONRISE CRYSTAL BOUTIQUE
A master crystal.
Lemurian Seed Quartz crystals, found in Brazil, are powerful and gorgeous. Incorporate them into your self care practices by setting intentions of peace / alignment / removing energy blocks / clarity / aiding in your dream work / balancing trauma / balancing chakras.
Want to be added to CRYSTAL CREW? Crystal Crew is a segment of the MoonRise email list that will let you know each time a new collection is added, and send you special insider deals! CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
use these journal prompts this week if they inspire you.
What was the highlight of your day today?
Who or what made you smile today?
What do you love about a member of your family?
Who is a friend you can count on?
What do you love about your home?
What's your favorite part of or time of your day?
What are my strengths?
Reflect on your favorite childhood memories.
Name an achievement you're proud of.
What are you looking forward to?
I would love for you to join one of my livestream classes this week!
Yin Yoga is the BEST from the comfort of your own home (if you're new to yin yoga, check out what yin is all about below) and pay what you can.
Reach out to me if you have ANY questions!
SUNDAYS (ps, tonight I'm also going to be streaming my class LIVE on the new MoonRise Channel in honor of the launch week - CHECK IT OUT HERE and practice with us! I'll still be streaming to zoom as well).
I recently launched the MoonRise Self Care channel on YouTube as a space that you can turn to 24/7 for self care routines, tips and habits. I'm building a collection of yin yoga classes, self care ideas, lunar practices and crystal intention setting on the channel.
Please subscribe + turn notifications on so that you never miss an update!
I'm excited to offer up a (weather permitting) backyard yoga sess on our upcoming full moon! I'm nailing all details and PROMISE to send you info this week. Please mark your calendar to save the date and you'll be the first to hear about it!
NEW MOON CIRCLE + YIN YOGA
Thursday, Oct 15 | 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Investment :suggested donation $10-$20
The new moon represents deep feminine wisdom. Engaging regularly with the moon cycles is a powerful way to become intimately connected with the phases of birth, death and rebirth. In our lives, we too are constantly moving through these cycles, seasons and changes. Connecting to and working with the moon as she cycles, creates a life of deeper meaning and more authentic connection as we are able to live a life with more awareness and intention.
Join Lisa Reeder (Wild Souls Yoga) & Jenny White (MoonRise Self Care) in a women's circle and yin yoga practice as we practice grounding techniques, breath work and development of our intuition. We will share space with each other to receive, connect and create. The location is at a private home, in an outdoor space in the North West Thornton area. We will also be livestreaming this circle in case you're not nearby and you'd love to join.
SAVE THE DATE - registration will open this week, I'll email you when it does!
During the month of September, any purchases totaling $60+ will automatically come with a tourmaline chunk! No coupon code necessary, it will be gifted with your order.